Friday, June 15, 2012

Review: Dove Foaming Make Up Remover


Dove Foaming Makeup Remover

I spent the entire day  in heels and make up, taking up a series of exams and interviews in my favorite hospital. Welcome to the real world for me! I have to snap back to reality and look for a job! My vacation days for passing the boards is officially OVER! Boo!!

So much for that emotional intro! Anyway, I am here to tell you girls, that no matter how tiring your day was, NEVER EVER FORGET TO TAKE OFF MAKE UP! You will regret not doing so! You can skip eye liner, primer or whatever, but never this step. It has to go off, COMPLETELY before you hit the sack.

And here comes DOVE FOAMING MAKE UP REMOVER! I have been using this for over a month now, and I am impressed! It's the lazy girls' make up remover if I were to describe it.

WHAT THE PRODUCT SAYS:
* Transforms from liquid into an ultra fine foam, to effectively remove make-up.
*Works by effectively removing even the heaviest of make-up including waterproof mascara, eye make up, and foundation.

HOW TO USE:
Use approximately 3 pumps of the lather. Pump into your hand and apply to your wet or dry face, including your eye areas to remove make up. Rinse off. For best results, use dry hands on a dry face and rinse off. After using Dove Foaming Make up remover, we recommend to wash your face with Dove Beauty Moisture Facial Cleanser

INGREDIENTS:
Water, PEG-8, Isopentyldiol, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisoterate, Glcerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Potassium Cocoylglycinate, Ethanol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone.

WHAT THE GEEK SAYS:
Like I said earlier, it is the lazy girls make up remover. Why? Just look at how easy it is to use. Just pump a few times (BTW, 2 pumps work well for me already), lather your face and rinse off. Just like washing your face with your regular cleanser. It is not oily (it has a foamy consistency), it does not irritate my face, and it leaves it squeaky clean as well.

WHAT THE GEEK LIKES ABOUT IT:
1. It does not irritate my face. Do you get the prickly, hot feeling on other make up removers? This product, does not give you that.
2. It is not oily. When you look at it from the bottle, you might think that it is oily, but NO! It has a surprising foamy consistency once you pump the bottle.
3. It can take away eyeliner!! Gel, liquid, pencil - you name it! Yes! Even the heavy ones!
4. It is CHEAP! Around P300. (I will update the real price when I find the receipt around my desk!) And I bought this for HALF the price! (Yeah, I know, I am always on the look out for cheap products on sale!)

WHAT THE GEEK DISLIKES ABOUT IT:
Nothing much, except that, it cannot remove mascara easily. I use a cotton pad to wipe away the mascara. It is tricky taking every bit of make up on your eye lids and water line, since you avoid getting the product in your eyes. You can't just take away mascara by rubbing your eyes (That would cause you wrinkles too! Crows feet.. Not cool!) So use a cotton pad, wipes or tissue.

OVERALL, THE GEEK THINKS:
This is great value for your money! Not only should we invest in make up, but also on good cleansers and skin care products. A good skin, is always a good canvas for make up. So, start taking care of it. Especially, since the age of the 20's (my age) is where your skin is at it's best. Take good care of it, to make it last til your 50's!

How it looks once pumped from the bottle (From oily to FOAMY)
P.S.
I appreciate those who visit my blog, I may not have a lot of followers or readers, but whenever I see hits coming from different parts of the globe, my heart leaps! It keeps me inspired to write more! I hope that, even if my blog is a bit of an amateur (Okay, not a bit! It is very amateur!) you girls still learned a thing or two from it. Okay, I'll stop now, this becomes annoying. Hehe Just comment away if you have questions! Oh! I would love it more though if you girls followed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment